10 Restaurants You Need to Try on Oahu
Have you ever had friends visiting Hawaii ask you where to eat? Send them this list! This is a collection of the best places to eat while visiting Oahu. From Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and everything in between, we’ve put together an extensive and varied list of all the best culinary destinations on Oahu.
10. Hook’d Pan Roast
1035 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96814
Hook’d Pan Roast is Hawaii’s premier seafood pan roast restaurant. They have Vegas style pan roast combos, hearty sandwiches, and delectable appetizers. Get Hook’d and make a reservation to dine with them today! (Takeout available too)
- Wild Ones Combo: Lobster, shrimp, crab lump, clams, scallops, Portuguese sausage, arabiki sausage, lup cheong
- Lobster Sliders served with coleslaw and chips
- Steamed mussels appetizer
9. Tangö Contemporary Café
1288 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 120 Honolulu, HI 96814
Chef Streng utilizes Hawaii’s fresh bounty to create a discriminating style that suits today’s gourmet guests. Pacific Rim cuisine inspired by Scandinavian and American classics are characteristic of Chef Streng’s palate-pleasing culinary creations.
- Hamakua Mushroom Risotto: with Asparagus and Confit Duck Leg
- Asian Style Five-Spice Braised Beef: Gratin Potato, Chili Fried Onion Rings
- Smoked Salmon Benedict: House-Smoked Salmon or House-Cured Gravlax*, with Potatoes
8. Japanese BBQ Yoshi
1316 Young St Honolulu, HI 96814
Japanese B.B.Q. Yoshi was established in 2015 in hopes to provide Hawaii with the best Yakiniku available. The meat quality here is above all the rest. They only bring in the top grade A4/A5 meat from Japan and the top U.S. prime meat from the states.
- Wagyu Sampler
- Nodomoto Tongue
- Boneless Wagyu Kalbi
7. Mitsuwa Marketplace
2330 Kalakaua Ave Ste 250
Mitsuwa is an extensive Japanese style food court area located in the International Marketplace. Enjoy sushi, sashimi and bento with true Japanese rice that are perfect for your lunch and dinner. The food court also features authentic Japanese cuisine such as ramen noodle and much more.
- Sushi and Sashimi
- Fried Croquette
- Mochi Donuts
6. Tonkatsu Yamafuji
449 Kapahulu Ave Ste 203
- Jyukusei Pork Loin Katsu Set
- Sizzling Plate Miso Sauce Pork Loin Set
5. Rainbow Drive In
3308 Kanaina Ave
Rainbow Drive in is a source for True Local Style Island Cuisine. It was established in 1961, amidst of major economic changes in Hawaii. They opened serving 50 cent chili with rice and $1.00 barbeque steak plate lunches alongside 25 cent hamburgers and 14 cent French fries – all food that was geared to the working person and the Waikiki beach crowd.
- Mix Plate: BBQ Beef, Boneless Chicken and Mahi Mahi
- Pork Cutlet with Gravy Plate: Thinly sliced pork, seasoned, breaded and fried golden brown
4. Lucky Belly
50 N Hotel St
Lucky Belly is a hidden gem on the rim of China Town away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and the surrounding areas of Honolulu. It features an Asian enthused menu with a focus on ramen & sake.
- Pork Belly Bao: sake hoisin and pickled cucumbers
- Shishito Peppers: sesame oil and bonito flakes
- Ramen Fungi Bowl: maitake, shiitake, hon shimeji, porcini dust, and vegetarian broth
3. Nico’s at Pier 38
1129 N Nimitz Hwy
Nico’s Pier 38 boasts the freshest fish on the island and being located next to the fish auction, we can deliver our promise. Customers can dine on the harbor and watch the fishing boats that bring it all in. The poke bar is one of the best we’ve tried!
- Fried Ahi Belly: deep fried tuna belly steaks topped with a spicy tomato salsa
- Furikakke Pan Seared Ahi: fresh Ahi tuna steak coated with Japanese dried seaweed and sesame seeds. Served with Nico’s ginger garlic cilantro dip.
- Spicy Ahi Poke
2. Side Street Inn
14 Kapahulu Ave Ste 100
Side Street Inn has steady regulars, a frequent mix of our island’s talented chefs, coaches and famous faces. They are gathering places for everyone to enjoy tasty beverages and our island’s best local cuisine, viewing their favorite game or celebrating a special occasion.
- Side Street’s Famous Pan-Fried Pork Chops: Crispy on the Outside & Juicy on the Inside!
- Garlic Chicken: Special Marinated Fried Chicken Dipped in a Sweet Shoyu Garlic Sauce
- Boneless Kalbi: Charbroiled Korean-Style Short Ribs served with Kim Chee
1. 3660 On The Rise
3660 Waialae Ave
3360 On The Rise features Euro-Island Cuisine. The menu reflects local flavors enhanced with the diverse cuisines of Europe and Asia. The plate presentations reflect many colors with the use of local ingredients. The flavors, a work of art to one’s palate. To complement the food, an award-winning wine list with an array of offerings by the glass.
- Ahi Katsu: Sashimi-Grade Ahi Wrapped in Nori and Deep Fried Medium Rare, Wasabi-Ginger Sauce
- Shichimi Seared King Salmon Tataki: Shaved Sweet Onion Strings, Scallion Puree and Ikura, Yuzu Ginger Dressing
- Parchment Steamed Butterfish: Tomato Onion Relish, Scallion Rice, White Wine Lemon Ginger Nage